Thursday, January 12, 2012

Splashing in Puddles


I know many of you are enjoying snow (or maybe not) but winter in Mersin means rain. In the summer we go months without any rain, so I actually enjoy the few days we get in the winter. So, after picking up the kids from school and running to the car under an umbrella, Ilkan pointed out that his pants were wet. So, I decided why not??!! I told the boys to have out and splash to their hearts content!

I think it was about a year ago that we were outside after it had rained and there were puddles everywhere. The boys were stepping in them and I kept telling them to stay out of the water before I had a funny thought. "What is the big deal?? They are kids and will only be once so let them splash!" I even joined in on the fun and we had the best time!!

So, last night the boys had their fun splashing around and I only got a few looks from other women who probably thought I was crazy, but whatever. As soon as they were all done splashing and had water squishing in their shoes, we headed upstairs where they immediately got in a warm bath and their clothes in the washing machine. Everyone was happy and in a good mood as we started our night:))

Do you let your kids splash in puddles or do other similar things?

1 comment:

  1. I remember two years ago when we took the boys to Orlando for the weekend. The four of us headed to the swimming pool, but it was closed! The rain had ended, so we thought the pool would be open. The boys were so sad heading back to the hotel room, when they spotted a giant puddle, they both looked at us and we said, "Go for it"! They had a blast!

    Grandma & Grandpa K.

    ReplyDelete