Friday, December 9, 2011

Foam and Glitter Ornaments



Holidays mean decorations, baking, and gift giving...well other stuff too but these 3 are on our list right now. Last week we got our tree up. Let me be clear, I got the tree up and the lights on and I waited to put the ornaments on until the boys got home from school. As I mentioned before, decorating the tree and watching Christmas movies go great!

This week we decided to decorate some ornaments of our own to hang up and to distribute as gifts. (Uncle Matt and Aunt Kathi I know I am ruining the surprise but just pretend!!) I headed out to the store to get some foam sheets and glitter glue. Yesterday was a rainy day and I didn't feel like doing much anyways, so while watching movies and drinking coffee while the boys were at school I was tracing and cutting out ornaments. I probably prepared about 20 ornaments to be decorated which proved to be more than enough. I cut out trees, bells, stars, and circles. (Trust me, the trees are fun to decorate but no fun to cut so just do a few of those and get plenty of stars and circles!!)

When the boys came home from school everything was ready and set on the table. They had a great time using the glitter glue pens to decorate the shapes. Ilkan even wanted to get more creative and drew a few pictures of trees to decorate. He declared that one will be for his Aunt and Uncle and the other we have to leave under the tree and write, "Santa take this with you!" (His words, not mine:)) This activity was so fun that we painted until we ran out of glitter glue. Looks like I will be making another trip to the store to get more so we can decorate more ornaments before the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment