Monday, November 14, 2011

Getting Started...A Brief Introduction

"No Atakan, that's my toy. Give it back!" (Sounds of hitting, fighting, screaming.) "Mom....mom.....MOMMMY!"

Does this sound like a familiar night to you?

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death, it's just that I have two very active boys and a husband that works late pretty much every night. If I don't have a plan for the night once the kids get home from school then it turns into a night of fighting between all of us until bed time rolls around and now that winter is setting in it seems that the night never ends!!

I'm blessed to be a stay at home mom. My boys are 3 1/2 and 5 and both go to preschool full day. Let me fill you in on why...I am American and met my Turkish husband in college at Northwest Missouri State University. We lived in the US until just last year so my kids are fluent in English and that's what we speak at home, but now we live in Turkey and soon they will be going to Kindergarten and elementary school where they have to be fluent in Turkish. Preschool is where they have learned Turkish and they love playing with their friends! During the day I teach online classes for an American university and do all of the other stay at home mom duties like cooking, cleaning, and laundry.

But, back to mine and probably every other mom's dilemma....how do I keep my boys (or girls) busy???

My new plan is to have one activity for my kids each night and want to share with you all because if there is one thing I've learned about parenting it's that we have to share stories, tips, and advice to survive:)) Hope you enjoy and join us for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment