Thursday, November 24, 2011

"Say What!!!???"



As a mom I don't realize how much I talk to my kids. Well, I realized this week because I lost my voice on Sunday night and it came back on Wednesday. Thank goodness days were not too bad since the kids were at school, but at night it was a terrible stress. I was constantly trying to get the boys to get to the table to eat, keep them from fighting, play, get their pajamas on and do our bedtime routine, go to bed. By the end of the night I wanted to die from the pain in my throat. The boys thought it was pretty strange as well and kept looking at me like, "Say what!!???"

As a mom you also know that you don't have the luxury of being sick when you have little kids, so I was happy to find a few cheap movies on iTunes. There was a sale last week and I bought "Daddy Day Care" for like $4.99 and downloaded it. We've watched it every night this week and it's kept the kids pretty entertained for close to 2 hours each night. This at least put us close to bedtime:)) When we don't watch a movie every night, it has been a special treat for the kids this week!

What other secrets do you use to entertain your kids when your sick??

2 comments:

  1. Movies are what I use. We usually pass colds around our house I'm lucky enough to tag team it with my hubby so if I'm out sick, he handles the little man completely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten- Movies to seem to be the best "go to" trick...my boys are really into different movies now that they are getting older and can actually sit through most of it! Glad you have your hubby's help! Mine is also great when he gets home:)

    ReplyDelete